.. well, apparently me!
Caz from The Accidental Quilter nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award about a month ago, and it is with many thanks that I accept ♥ (better late than never, right?)
The origins of this award are sketchy at best.. there isn't even a wikipedia page! (I'm amused to read how many people have also made reference to the fact that there's no wiki page, and yet there *still* isn't one... does this mean bloggers are too lazy to create wikipedia entries? Sadly, I'm not the person to do it either!) But I digress.. According to Google Translate "Liebster" means "favourite", and according to the other blogs that have received the award it also means "beloved" or "dearest".
The general consensus is that the award is to be gifted to "up and coming" blogs of less than 200 followers that you enjoy reading and feel deserve recognition.
The ettiquette of acceptance is as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you... not only is it polite, but they deserve some love too!
2. Post the award on your blog for all to see - don't we all love to share our wins?
3. Gift the award to 5 blogs that you feel deserve recognition, sharing links to their blogs so that others might experience their greatness also.
4. Leave a comment on each of the blogs you have nominated to let them know that they have won!
So without further ado, The Peony Teacup presents the Liebster Blog Award to..... *drumroll*
1. McKenna from Textile Diva - a fellow Perth Modern Quilter who has inspired me not only with her ability to transform red, white & blue in many different ways but also with of her hand quilting skills (what that girl could do at 15 will surpass what I will EVER be able to do!)
2. Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts - you should really check out her gorgeous HST blocks.. so cheerful and bright!
3. Beth from Plum & June - who is infact hosting a "Let's Get Acquainted" blog hop for small/new blogs that I will be participating in later in the year.
4. Sue from Sue's Place in the Sun - a fellow Quilt Club Australia Bee Hive member. Sue isn't afraid to try new things, and it's always interesting to read what she's been up to :)
5. Danielle from Threads 'n' Mess - recently coordinated the QCA Rainbow Charm swap, and is now organising a Black & White Fat Quarter Swap... I can only aspire to be as organised!